Datavideo CG-100 Character Generator
The CG-100 is a PC-based character generator that produces lower thirds, text rolls, text crawls and more. It can import .TGA animations, text files, still images and even display the PC's time.
Any font installed on the system can be used by our character generators, as well as languages (i.e. if using Arabic, Hebrew, etc., text appears right to left - the program itself is in English only). You can create and save as much text as your hard drive allows, and they can be recalled in sequence. Using the Live Operation Mode, the CG-100 can also be used as a live on-screen typewriter.
Decklink CG-100 Connections
NOTE: Blackmagic Design does not support the use of Decklink cards on Dell computers, due to past incompatibilities.
The CG-100 is available as software only or bundled with a compatible Blackmagic Decklink card (see below).
Datavideo also offers complete workstations with our CG-100 software pre-installed. Visit our CG-100-TO-GO page for more details.
Available CG-100 Bundles
- CG-100 - software only
- CG-100-SDI - software with Decklink SDI card, for use with SE-800AV and DV, SE-900 (High speed PCI Express 1 lane connection for maximum real time effects with your edit software. Compatible with 1, 4, 8, 16 lane slots.)
- CG-100-Studio - software with Decklink Studio card for use with SE-500, SE-800AV and DV, SE-900 and SE-1000 (High speed PCI Express 1 lane connection for maximum real time effects with your edit software. Compatible with 1, 4, 8, 16 lane slots.)
Recommended Hard ware for Datavideo CG Software
- Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2 (32bit OS), Windows Vista Business SP1 (32bit OS)
- Processor: Intel Pentium (2.0 GHz) or higher
- Memory: 2 GB or higher for Windows XP or 4 GB or higher for Windows Vista Business
- VGA Resolution: 32-bit color recommended VGA, XGA or higher
- Motherboard/Slots: High speed PCI-E 1 lane connection for maximum real time effects. Compatible with 1, 4, 8, 16 lane slots.
- USB Ports: Computer needs 1 free USB 2.0 port for CG-100 USB Dongle
System specifications may change, without notice, depending upon the card used. Please consult your dealer for the latest advice.