Cineform Prospect 4K for Adobe Premiere Pro-Inc. First Light - P3431
Real-time Online 12-bit Workflow Up to 4K Spatial Resolution
Designed for users of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 or CS4 on Windows, CineForm's Prospect 4K delivers the industry's only real-time multi-stream 4K editorial workflow.
Optimized for digital cinema and film projects, Prospect 4K delivers unmatched workflow efficiency through its real-time editing engine plus the industry's highest visual fidelity compression. With 12-bit I/O precision and support for all chroma formats - YUV, RGB(A), and RAW - Prospect 4K ensures the highest fidelity achievable anywhere.
With Prospect 4K you get:
- The Industry's Best Compression: CineForm's respected 12-bit CineForm 444 format exceeds the visual fidelity of the respected HDCAM SR tape format. But different than tape, CineForm files are immediately ready for editorial or archive as soon as they are created. But that's only the start - CineForm RAW offers compatibility with all digital cinema cameras up to 4K spatial resolution. CineForm files are visually equivalent to uncompressed sources but weigh in at about 15% of the file size.
- 4K real-time software video processing engine: No projects are more visually and computationally demanding than digital cinema projects requiring substantial manipulation in post, or those destined for the big screen. The real-time engine in Prospect 4K enhances the performance, features, and visual quality of Premiere Pro in a big way, supporting multiple streams of YUV, RGB(A), or RAW formats up to 4K spatial resolution on the timeline in real time.
- First LightTM: cross-platform, non-destructive color processing application works in complement with your editing and effects software. First Light maintains color adjustments as Active MetadataTM with your media - you never need to render, and consequently you never clip highlights. First Light color adjustments are immediately visible in any application that calls a CineForm file. Works with all CineForm chroma formats - YUV, RGB, and RAW.
- DPX and RAW Format Converters: Most digital cinema Raw cameras acquire in formats unsuitable for high-performance online post-production. Source Raw formats from Red One, VR Phantom, and Arri D21 can be converted into CineForm RAW files more suitable for high-performance online editorial. Converters between DPX files and CineForm files are included to ensure broadest industry compatibility.
- HD Link: file conversion and image processing software converts most camera or file-based source formats into 10-bit CineForm Intermediate HD files while also performing valuable tasks such as telecine removal, deinterlacing, spatial resampling, and much more. Enables true 24p editing workflows from most HD sources.
- Cross-platform media sharing: All CineForm files are cross-platform compatible on both Windows and Mac. Create on one platform, share on another. CineForm provides a free decoder for both Win and Mac to simplify sharing content with colleagues or friends - even at 4K resolution.
Prospect 4K includes the following software components:
- CineForm DirectShow and Video for Windows codecs with Active Metadata processor
- CineForm software real-time video engine for Premiere Pro up to 4K spatial resolution
- First Light. End-user application to adjust non-destructive Active Metadata color parameters and choose playback parameters including demosaic algorithm
- HD Link. End-user application to manage HD file capture and conversion to CineForm files. Allows selection of image pre-processing algorithms during conversion (spatial resampling, telecine removal, etc).
- R2CF. Command-line conversion utility for Red One source formats
- DPX2CF and CF2DPX. Command-line conversion utilities between CineForm files and DPX files.
Prospect 4K - Real-Time Online Editorial Workflow up to 4K for Adobe Premiere Pro
- OS Compatibility: Windows
- Chroma Formats:
- - 10-bit 4:2:2
- - 12-bit 4:4:4
- - 12-bit CineForm RAW
- Spatial resolution: Codec: Unrestricted. Real-time engine: up to 4K
- Real-Time Performance: Unrestricted number of real-time streams enabled by CineForm real-time engine. Typically 4-6 HD streams or 2+ 4K streams on modern PCs
- Real-time effects: transitions, levels, and color correction, plus titling and motion engine
- File Compatibility: QuickTime (MOV) or DirectShow (AVI) applications on Windows or Mac including Apple (Final Cut Pro / Motion), Adobe (Premiere Pro, After Effects), Autodesk (Combustion), Iridas (Speedgrade) Microsoft, Sony (Vegas), and many others.
- Deep-precision arithmetic: leverages available floating-point and deep-precision integer processing for all arithmetic operations.
- Active Metadata processor: apply color parameters (white balance, RGB matrix, and 3D LUTs) after decode per user adjustments in First Light.
- Demosaic for CineForm RAW: Multiple algorithm selection for playback/rendering of CineForm RAW source as selected in First Light.
- 1K CineForm Express: Create CineForm Express files to supplement 4K full-resolution workflow. CineForm Express files are color-perfect "Mini-Me" versions of full-resolution CineForm Master files.
- Batch capture: Timecode-based batch capture for HD-SDI, component and HDV sources through Premiere Pro capture interface (AJA Xena card required)
- HD camera support: HDV, AVCHD, P2, XDCam HD/EX, Canon 5D/7D/1DS V-DSLRs, Grass Valley Infinity, and more.
- HD-SDI monitoring: From Premiere Pro timeline using AJA Xena card required, including for 4K sources
- HDMI Capture: Real-time capture using Blackmagic Intensity card with HD Link
- Image processing during HD capture/conversion:
- - telecine removal (24p extraction from 60i)
- - deinterlacing (30p/25p from 60i/50i)
- - spatial resampling
- - speed change (24p ↔ 25p, also slow motion)
- - image flip (for 35mm DOF adapters)
- Adobe Bridge: compatible for multi-applications support: After Effects, Encore, etc.
- DPX Conversion: Into and out of CineForm files using DPX2CF and CF2DPX
- Sharing Media: Free decoder available for both Windows and Mac
* Full-feature support for CS4 is pending